Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Comfort Food Made Healthy?

Yup, you read that right! Tonight for dinner I made a burger and fries, but not the traditional fried and greasy way. I started by slicing up two sweet potatoes. I tried for the "steak fries" look, but the potato was a bit tough to cut through, and the fries ended up being different sizes. While the oven was preheating, I coated the fries in light olive oil and cinnamon.
Before

When it came to the burgers, I have one secret... lean ground beef and ground turkey :) Ok, so that's not a real secret, but I found a way to not let the meat dry up and taste flavorless. I added diced onions, Italian bread crumbs, an egg and pepper to the one pound ground turkey to half a pound ground beef mix. Unfortunately, my grill was acting up, so I pan fried them (but I used less than a teaspoon of oil).

These patties look huge, but they aren't, swear!
The final product was SO good! I slapped on a slice of swiss cheese and avocado, then topped the sweet potato fries with brown sugar. Just to give you a perspective, my brother finished the burger before I even sat down!

Finished product! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment