Sunday, April 10, 2011

Book Review: Room

I finally pushed myself enough to read Room by Emma Donoghue. Once again the beginning did frustrate me, but like my roommate said, it does get better. The beginning is so difficult to get through as you have to get used to reading in a child's perspective, as he personifies EVERYTHING. Other than that, it is a very easy and fast read, especially once you understand where Jack's "Ma" has been and is coming from. I do wish the climax was strung out more and have to admit that the ending wasn't my favorite, but then again I'm not an author and I didn't write a best seller. Happy reading!

Next up: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson (#7 on the NY Best Sellers List!)

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.”
-Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment