Monday, April 4, 2011

Campus Highlight: Dodd Hall

Check out the ceiling!
There's something about Dodd Hall that has always interested me. I'm not sure if it is because it was the first building I accidentally stumbled through, or the fact that it looks like it came straight out of a scene of Harry Potter, regardless I'm obsessed. I was lucky enough to have a class in the auditorium back in my sophomore year! :)

Dodd was originally built  in 1925, with the east and south wings built in 1928 and 1929, respectively. The on-campus library was housed here until the current library, Robert Stroizer Library, was built in the 1950s. Over the past sixty years, the College of Arts and Sciences, WFSU-TV, and more currently, the Philosophy and Religion Department have been centralized in the Dodd building.
Werkmeister Reading Room

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment