Sunday, April 24, 2011

Tally Bucket List: FSU Baseball


This is very sad to say, but prior to this afternoon, I had yet to be to a baseball game.. high school, college OR pro. How very un-American of me! I decided it was time to finally head to Dick Howser Stadium as it would be my last chance as a FSU student (other than tomorrow, Easter Sunday).  To my amazement, we got to the game early enough to score seats behind home plate, and had a great time (I didn't think I would be a baseball fan, not going to lie). My friends and I loved each player's "at-bat" songs, one even being Miley Cyrus' "Party in the USA!" When my friend asked me what mine would be, honestly the first thing I thought of was Crazy Bitch by Buckcherry. (I attribute the fear/excitement of graduation to my odd choice and sudden interest in rock music.) Anyhow, the Noles did a great job in their victory over the Duke Blue Devils, beating them 10 to 3! Best first baseball game ever!

"Baseball?  It's just a game - as simple as a ball and a bat.  Yet, as complex as the American spirit it symbolizes.  It's a sport, business - and sometimes even religion." 
-Ernie Harwell, "The Game for All America," 1955

No comments:

Post a Comment