Friday, April 29, 2011

Movie Review: Water for Elephants

I've been dying to see Water for Elephants since I read the book about two months ago. I can honestly say I've never seen a movie so closely based off of the book. Of course a few minor (and I mean minor) parts were left out, because who honestly wants to watch a four hour long movie, but hey, it was still amazing! Usually my theory is to see the movie before I read the book (i.e. Dear John... even Channing Tatum couldn't save that one!), that way I won't be disappointed with the book. Clearly this wasn't an issue and I am actually thinking about reading the book again.

Oh, and to make the movie even better, Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson star as Marlena and Jacob, respectively. While I have to admit I am a fan of the Twilight books, I believe Pattinson's image has been tarnished because I think the movies are awful. Water for Elephants, for me at least, really changed that and he was actually easy on the eyes (perhaps because he wasn't sparkly and pale?)!

Now if you don't know a thing about this book became movie, it is about a circus, but it's the emotions (specifically the obvious passion) between the main characters that pulls you in. I had almost as much fun listening to my friend laugh, jump and gasp, as I did watch the movie!! Now I'm not asking you to take my word for it, I urge you to see it immediately (then read the book)!!

Watch the trailer!

No comments:

Post a Comment