Friday, September 2, 2011

La Nouba!

What to know what's (or rather, who) is awesome? Me. Why? Because I snagged some free tickets to La Nouba at Downtown Disney!

Cirque du Soleil's La Nouba

I cashed the tickets in this evening and just assumed they would be "nosebleed" seats. Well, I was wrong. Try SECOND row. My "plus one," aka my younger brother, and I couldn't have been more thrilled. This was the perfect way to celebrate his big 17th birthday next week!

Can't you see the excitement on his face?
While I had seen the show before (about four years ago), I definitely noticed differences, especially with our amazing seats.
  1. The performers spoke to one another when timing the tricks.
  2. I knew the musical instruments were played live, but I didn't notice the singing. They were fantastic!
  3. The costumes! They were so intricate, and the perfect bodies that wore them were even better! :)
  4. There were two new acts, the juggling and jump roping
Still in shock after the show

Like the nerd I am, I actually did a project on La Nouba about three years ago in a college theater class. If you weren't aware, the concept of the show originated in Canada, but the name, La Nouba, is based off of the French phrase, "faire la nouba," meaning to party. And a party it is! The show is a combination of acrobatics, dancing, music, trapeze, juggling and so much more! I think it is safe to assume that the fan favorite is the diabolo act, where three young girls perform with these toy-like items and include a variety of gymnastics at a high skill level.

The show was absolutely amazing and I highly suggest it to all, both locals and tourists. If you are anything like me, your mouth will literally hang open during the majority of the show and you'll be disappointed at the end... but only because you would crave for more!

La Nouba in a nutshell!

No comments:

Post a Comment