Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Beer and Bracelets

After a very difficult day, (exactly a year ago, my best friend passed away after serving two years in the United States Marine Corps), I decided it was more than necessary to "celebrate life." My friends and I decided it was much better to honor the good times than mourn the sad. 

In order to celebrate, I jumped in my car, jammed out to Kid Rock (I have an odd taste in music) and headed to World Market. World Market has an array of jewelry, home goods, food and alcohol all made from around the world at amazing prices. When I say World Market is my FAVORITE store, I mean my favorite! I can spend at least an hour wandering around the store, looking at products and finding out where they are from. Nerd alert? Probably.

I headed to the beer section and picked out this case of "Winter Brews", and it didn't hurt that it was on sale! This case of beer has a variety of lager beers intended to warm your heart during the fall and winter season.. or in my case, end of spring. I have to admit that I only tried two last night, Monty Python and the Holy GrailAle (I thought my friend would have found that one hilarious) and Sam Adam's Octoberfest. While I don't know much about beer, these two were amazing and I can't wait to try the rest!

World Market's Winter Brews: Octoberfest, Holy GrailAle, Shiner, He'brew, Bell's Rogue, St. Paul Girl, Abita and Moretti 

After getting a tad too excited about my personal "beer fest", I ventured through the jewelry section. I figured this would be the perfect opportunity find some unique, yet beautiful jewelry, as my sorority's semi formal is this Saturday. While I didn't find anything that quite matched my dress, I did find these three bracelets made in India at the biggest steal ever, $4.99 a piece!


 I told myself I wouldn't head home until I found a bracelet that matched. Luckily, the Governor's Square mall is right next to the World Market shopping plaza. 3 rhinestone bangles later, I was in business! Thanks, Forever 21!

The completed look: olive one-shoulder dress, rhinestone earrings and the rhinestone bracelets

"Smiling is the ultimate anti-depressant. Smile and laugh out loud, it doesn’t look stupid, I promise."


No comments:

Post a Comment