Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Nostalgic Music

On my way home from work I plugged in my iPod and memories were instantly remembered as song after song played. Do you ever get that nostalgic feeling when you listen to certain songs? I attribute many of my memories to songs, getting really excited when I hear them.

For example:
  • Are you Ready for This by Jock Jams - My very first Orlando Magic game, old school Shaq jersey and all!
  • It Takes Two to Make the Things go Right - New Years Eve (2000) at my Aunt and Uncle's
  • Frank Sinatra and Kid Rock - My Family!
  • Short Skirt, Long Jacket by Cake - Growing up my dad said this was always "my song"
  • Thunderstruck by AC/DC - FSU Football :) (GO NOLES!)
  • Lil Jon - My high school crew team
  • Changes by Tupac - I know this is very odd, but it reminds me of driving to the beach as a child... but I'm not sure why, my parents are not fans of this genre!
  • Lil Wayne, "Donk" and "Wop" - My amazing college roommates, long live 7112!
  • Get Crazy by LMFAO - Alpha Chi Omega, specifically my amazing "Guido" Fam!
  • Glee and Disney songs - My Disney internship, one of the best experiences of my life!

Anyway, although I have to be up in six hours to turn around and head straight back in to work, it is my "Friday"! Not only that, but it's also my best friend's birthday, so the secret will be out soon (and pictures to come!)!

No comments:

Post a Comment