Monday, June 27, 2011

Thanks, Earl!

After catching up on some training at Disney (my "seasonal" job), I grabbed some lunch at Downtown Disney. Downtown Disney is the perfect hang out spot for vacationers of all ages; from Rainforrest Cafe, to Raglan Road, to House of Blues, to La Nouba (Cirque du Soleil)!
While all of the clubs of Pleasure Island closed in 2008 (a year before my 21st birthday, BOOO!), there are many restaurants, including Paradiso 37, that have full service bars (even the movie theater). As a child, I used to dream of the day when I would be old enough to enter Pleasure Island, as it used to be restricted to those 21 and up. The bright lights, loud music, and flowing alcohol is a thing of the past. Sigh.R.I.P. 8Trax, Adventurer's Club, BET Soundstage Club, Comedy Warehouse, Mannequins, Motion, PI Jazz, and Rock 'n' Roll Beach Club! Every Cast Member miss you dearly!

Clearly, I have severe ADD. Back to lunch. Earl of Sandwich. If you haven't tried these sandwiches and salads, drop whatever you're doing and go. NOW. Yeah, Subway and Firehouse are good, but Earl's is superb, great, amazing, awesome, etc. etc. Today I picked up the Chinese Chicken Salad, mainly because I just learned how to use chopsticks :) Yum!

Cheers via chopsticks!
Question - Did you know Pleasure Island is named after the island in Pinocchio? The inhabitants of the island are the unsupervised Lost Boys, who drink, smoke and umm, act as adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment