Sunday, July 3, 2011

Alexa's Rules of the Road

During my trip to Tallahassee, I began to notice' driving faults habits. While I may not drive like a "grandma," I do life to stay safe. Because of this, I came up with a mental list of so-called rules that I think every driver should follow.
  1. Always, always, always use your blinker. For obvious reasons, not using your blinker could result in a catastrophic mess. Save the hassle, use a blinker, and stay accident free.
  2. Do not drive the speed limit in the fast lane. For those of you who are unaware, the far left (highway) lane is normally deemed the "fast lane." Many of us prefer to drive five MPH (or more) over, and highly suggest those going any slower stay in the right lanes. :)
  3. Do not cross into another driver's lane and then slow down. Enough said.
  4. Keep a constant speed. Nothing is more frustrating than a driver that has a five MPH deviation, not only is it a gas issue, but it can also be annoying!
  5. Don't show off. We're all guilty of this, but once again, it is a dangerous issue. Whether it's loud music, speeding, texting, or trying to get someone else's attention, you're not only putting yourself at risk, but others as well... plus you might be doing the opposite of your goal!
I know these "rules" make it sound like I'm a whiny driver, but I truly think that these are simple laws that every driver must follow. Here's to safe driving and many more future road trips!

No comments:

Post a Comment