Thursday, July 7, 2011

Black Bean Burgers

Last weekend when I traveled up to Tallahassee, I tried an ahhhmazing black bean burger from Pitaria, a great Greek sandwich shop. The burger was delish, and definitely tasted better than a regular hamburger, especially since it was served with tzatziki and pita fries! :)

Last night after thinking about this great meal for a few days, I decided to attempt my own version. I loosely followed a recipe I found on Annie's Eats. I didn't have panko, so I used bread crumbs, and I completely omitted the bell pepper. It'll take awhile before my bean burger is as nice as Annie's, but I aspire big!!

My tzatziki!
I figured I would try to keep the healthy bit up and made tzatziki sauce to top the burger. I decided not to puree the sauce, and the crunch of the cucumber was just what the burger needed! Try it, I dare you.

Anyway, I will definitely try more of Annie's recipes... her photos make the recipes too good to pass up! Chocolate Espresso Semifriddo eat your heart out!

No comments:

Post a Comment