Sunday, July 17, 2011

Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

 Thursday night my friend, Meghan, and I headed out to Downtown Disney to catch the midnight premier of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2. We actually got to the theater around 10:00, so we had some time to kill before the movie started. Luckily, "the freaks come out at night" and the more die-hard fans kept us laughing. Not only was there a fight over "the best Hogwarsts house", but there was also a Professor Umbridge, and get this, a Hedwig!

Hedwig came back to life?!

Once the pictures were taken and the fights were over, the audience did a little group participation and performed the YouTube hit, Potter Puppet Pals: "The Mysterious Ticking Noise."

 I know it's really hard to see, but listen!

After two hours and fifteen minutes (the previews seemed to take FOREVER!), the movie finally started, and holy cow it was amazing! I laughed, I gasped... and I saved the tears for the other females in the audience. :) It was seriously the best Harry Potter movie, and there is no doubt in my mind that Professor Snape (aka Alan Rickman) will win at least one award.

As of yesterday afternoon, the movie had not even been out for 48 hours, but I had seen it twice. Yes, twice. I like seeing movies in the theaters more than once (only if I really love them!) because I think that you can pick up on many things that you might have missed during the first show, especially because midnight is a bit late to be watching movies!

On a side note, yes, Harry Potter is a children's series, however this movie (like Part One) has much more adult content. There are a few swear words and disturbing clips. But hey, that is bound to happen when the good fight the evil!

No comments:

Post a Comment