Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Year of Many Firsts

This year one of my New Years Resolutions was to try new things. New things clearly has a wide range, but especially food and activities.

Some of my many firsts:
  • Trying lobster. I know this sounds silly, but I personally hate seafood! The thought of a poor fish innocently swimming one day, then on my plate the next creeps me out. I have to admit, I didn't hate it!
  • Attend an FSU baseball game. This past spring I created a "bucket list" of items to be completed during my final semester at FSU. I somehow managed to complete all but one!
  • A variety of concerts (from Britney Spears to Jake Owen to Benny Benassi).
  • Graduate college. Obviously this can't really be done more than once, unless you continue your higher education, but still exciting nonetheless.
  • Go to a gay bar. Yup, you read that right. Yesterday was my friend's birthday and his suggestion to go to Mister Sister's was definitely one to remember. I knew to expect "fabulous" but my expectations were blown out of the water from the moment we were greeted at the door by a drag queen. While I consider myself more liberal in this ever-going discussion, even I was surprised by some of the things that went on.
I know the sign is hard to read, but the "M" in Mister is made by two mens' legs!

Why yes, those are two men sporting undies dancing on the bar


Meet the "Evil Witch" from Snow White, performed as "a dedication to Disney Cast Members"
It may appear a bit over the top, and it definitely was! The clothes were wild. The music was amazing (best dance music ever!). The drinks were cheap. And the men were hot. I think these reasons alone are enough for anyone to head over to Mister Sister's! Let the judgments go, and more importantly, have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment